Sunday, March 08, 2009

PHP 5.3 support in PDT - 2nd stage is over

I think picture is worth a thouthand of words (if this ain't photoshop, of course)


Just a few words more, the following bugs where fixed recently:

261816 - Add namespaces presentation into PHP Explorer.
261817 - Provide Code Assist for PHP 5.3 elements.
261818 - Provide namespace information in the Outline & PHP Explorer views.
264952 - Add USE statement automatically after inserting Code Assist proposal.

Special thanks to the Doctrine Project that provided as with a great PHP application written for PHP 5.3, which we use for testing purposes.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For more PHP5.3 code, have a look at FLOW3

Michael said...

Thanks, I'll look into it. Do you use PDT for developing, BTW?

Mauricio Cuenca said...

I've always hated PDT because it does not follow PHP coding standard (PEAR standard which I think is the most people agreed on). I know you can tweak the templates to adjust it to your own taste. But not everyone does this, so working on code from other people using PDT is annoying. Why does PDT leaves a white space between the opening parenthesis and the condition on an "if" statement? Or the white space between the negation operator "!" and the element which is being applied to? And a lot more...

I know... I have issues, but fixing this would be cool.

Anonymous said...

Yes, most of us core devs use PDT for FLOW3 development.

Anonymous said...

Michael, I use PDT 2.1 for my FLOW3-related work. Still having some issues, especially with syntax highlighting - tons of green because of mixed-up string detection

Michael said...

Can you report a bug with attached source code example? It would be very useful. Thanks!